Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Attitude and stress


To change your circumstances, first start thinking differently.
—Norman Vincent Peale


Attitudes are important because they shape our perceptions of the beliefs about events, situations, and people which influence our behaviors. Attitude is our mental filter through which we experience the world. They are formed gradually though experiences and learning. Attitude can increase stress and negatively impact your physical and emotional well-being. Some of our attitude creates stress such as,

"1 must always please people and live up to everyone's expectations." 
"I am basically defective and inferior to other people." 
"I must always be perfect." 
“Others must accept me”
“No one understand me”
“No one respect me”
“I must do it myself”
“My life is running me”
“I must not fail”
“I cannot say no to someone or something”
“Other people exploit me”

By changing our attitude, perception and reactions to stress we can reduce stress this will positively impact your health and well-being. Be flexible with our rigid attitudes. We need to check our attitudes very often because we may not aware of it. The good news is if we aware, it is very easy to change. Negative thoughts drain you. Positive thoughts energize you. And you have a choice. Only you are responsible for your experiences of life.

No comments: